Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience internship (July 2023 onwards)
Website University of Amsterdam
The Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience lab at the University of Amsterdam is offering a unique internship opportunity for students interested in systems neuroscience. This internship provides hands-on experience in a variety of techniques and combines both analysis and behavioral training aspects.
Key aspects of the internship:
- Animal training and handling
- Histology and microscopy
- Neural data analysis
- Laminar probe electrophysiology
- Optogenetic manipulation of neural circuits
- ~6 month minimum
The intern will contribute to ongoing research projects focusing on the characterization of the behavioral and neuronal role of the supplementary motor cortex in the context of multisensory processing.
This project will be a match if you:
- Are interested in systems neuroscience
- Have experience in programming for data analysis (MATLAB, Python)
- Take initiative and can work independently
- Are willing and able to quickly learn new practical and analytical skills
This internship offers a well-rounded experience for Master’s students looking to deepen their understanding of the field and gain practical skills in systems neuroscience.
The project should begin around July 2023, but start and stop dates can be set according to your availability.
If you’re interested or have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to me!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org